The 2017 Grazing School will be held on October 18 & 19, 2017 at Mike McDowell’s Locust Level Farm in Vernon Hill, VA. Space is limited to 25 participants.
Designed with beginning and experienced producers in mind, this 2-day, intensive course will teach you everything you need to know to better manage grazing on your farm.
• Basic pasture management
• Designing a rotational grazing system
• Fencing and watering options
• Strategies to extend the grazing season
• Matching forage quality & animal needs
• Creating a forage budget
• You will have hands-on opportunities to work with grazing tools, try out fencing materials, and practice allocating pasture to livestock.
Finally, put it all together for your farm. The last day of the school features a workshop where you can sit down with our instructors to begin developing a custom grazing plan.
The last grazing school filled up 5 weeks before the start date, so don’t wait and miss your opportunity to be a part of the next graduating class of October 2017. Flyer Oct 2017 grazing school