2021 Grazing School
May 11-12, 2021
12326 VPI Farm Road, Glade Spring, VA 24340
Southwest Agricultural Research and Extension Center
Designed with beginning and experienced producers in mind; this 2-day, intensive course will teach you everything you need to know to better manage grazing on your farm.
• Forage ID and pasture assessment
• Pasture and grazing management
• Designing a rotational grazing system
• Fencing and watering options
• Strategies to extend the grazing season
• Matching forage quality & animal needs
• Understanding a forage budget
You will have hands-on opportunities to work with grazing tools and try out fencing materials.
Features a hands-on exercise in which you will work with an instructor
to begin developing a grazing plan outline for your farm.