2023 Basic Grazing School
Designed with beginning and experienced producers in mind, this 2-day, intensive course will teach you everything you need to know to better manage grazing on your farm.
- Basic pasture and forage management
- Soil fertility & nutrient management
- Fundamentals of grazing management
- Designing a rotational grazing system
- Installing and using electric fencing
- Strategies to extend the grazing season
- Matching forage quality & animal needs
- Economics of grazing
- Herd/flock health
- Animal handling
You will have hands-on opportunities in the field to work with temporary fencing, identify forage and weed species, evaluate pasture, and learn the critical points of designing an animal handling facility.
Finally, put it all together for your farm: the last day of the school features a workshop where you can sit down with our instructors to begin developing a custom grazing plan.
Leave a Reply
Your email is safe with us.