The Virginia Forage and Grassland Council will award one Virginia farmer with the Outstanding Forage Producer of the Year Award during the Winter Conference in January.
This award comes with a $500 cash prize and is presented to an exceptional producer who has implemented innovative forage and grazing management practices leading to enhanced production, forage quality, and profitability, better wildlife habitat, and improved soil conservation and water quality.
Please consider nominating a truly exceptional forage producer in your local area. Use this form below, and follow the specific nomination instructions. The deadline for this years’ nomination is Friday, November 12, 2021. It is a good idea to include 3 – 5 digital photos that highlight some of the forages and practices mentioned in the nomination narrative.
Nominations and photos should be emailed to Alston Horn at firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline of November 12th!
To download the application form click here. 2022 VFGC Outstanding Forage Producer of the Year Award Application Form
- 2022 Winter Forage Conference Sponsorship Opportunity
- 2022 Winter Forage Conference. The Green Side of Beef: In Defense of Grassland Agriculture.
- VFGC Needs Good Photos of Your Grazing System
- USDA Fact Sheets from a Conservation Innovation Grant between NRCS and Virginia Tech
- A weekly digital forage mini-newsletter by Matt Booher
January 18, 2022 @ 8:00 am - January 22, 2022 @ 3:00 pm