The Virginia Forage and Grassland Council (VFGC) was formed June 9, 1977, in Afton, Virginia by 25 individuals representing Virginia agriculture. We are an affiliate member of the American Forage and Grassland Council, an affiliate member in the Virginia Agribusiness Council and a non-profit organization of the Commonwealth. Activities of the council are financed by membership dues, event registration fees, gifts, industry sponsors and grants from partners organizations.
Each year the VFGC is very busy working through the Board of Directors, through the members across the state and the partners at the state, regional and local levels to accomplish the goals and objectives of our organization. The current leadership aspires to summarize the activities of the VFGC in an annual report and post the report to the website to document and make publicly available the activities and accomplishments of the organization.
To view annual report click below.
- 2022 Winter Forage Conference Sponsorship Opportunity
- 2022 Winter Forage Conference. The Green Side of Beef: In Defense of Grassland Agriculture.
- VFGC Needs Good Photos of Your Grazing System
- USDA Fact Sheets from a Conservation Innovation Grant between NRCS and Virginia Tech
- A weekly digital forage mini-newsletter by Matt Booher
January 18, 2022 @ 8:00 am - January 22, 2022 @ 3:00 pm