The Virginia Forage and Grassland Council (VFGC) was formed June 9, 1977, in Afton, Virginia by 25 individuals representing Virginia agriculture. We are an affiliate member of the American Forage and Grassland Council, an affiliate member in the Virginia Agribusiness Council and a non-profit organization of the Commonwealth. Activities of the council are financed by membership dues, event registration fees, gifts, industry sponsors and grants from partners organizations.
Each year the VFGC is very busy working through the Board of Directors, through the members across the state and the partners at the state, regional and local levels to accomplish the goals and objectives of our organization. The current leadership aspires to summarize the activities of the VFGC in an annual report and post the report to the website to document and make publicly available the activities and accomplishments of the organization.
To view annual report click below.
- Virginia Forage/Hay Producers Enter Southeast Hay Contest for the First Time
- USDA Fact Sheets from a Conservation Innovation Grant between NRCS and Virginia Tech
- 2021 Virtual Winter Forage Conference
- Pasture Walk at Adams Family Farm in Red Oak, Virginia
- Summer Annual Forage Plot Pasture Walk and Demonstration
January 18, 2021 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm