The Virginia Forage and Grassland Council, Inc. (VFGC) collaborates with producer members in different areas of the state, to demonstrate various forage and grazing management techniques. These demonstrations are one way to promote the utilization of forages to meet producer goals while highlighting grazing management practices that improve forage production, grazing efficiency and soil health.
VFGC is also the recipient of a Conservation Innovation Grant (CIG) from USDA-NRCS. We encourage you to look at and follow the progress of the demonstration farms listed below as changes are implemented and their grazing systems improve.
- 2022 Winter Forage Conference Sponsorship Opportunity
- 2022 Winter Forage Conference. The Green Side of Beef: In Defense of Grassland Agriculture.
- VFGC Needs Good Photos of Your Grazing System
- USDA Fact Sheets from a Conservation Innovation Grant between NRCS and Virginia Tech
- A weekly digital forage mini-newsletter by Matt Booher
January 18, 2022 @ 8:00 am - January 22, 2022 @ 3:00 pm