The Virginia Forage and Grassland Council, Inc. (VFGC) collaborates with producer members in different areas of the state, to demonstrate various forage and grazing management techniques. These demonstrations are one way to promote the utilization of forages to meet producer goals while highlighting grazing management practices that improve forage production, grazing efficiency and soil health.
VFGC is also the recipient of a Conservation Innovation Grant (CIG) from USDA-NRCS. We encourage you to look at and follow the progress of the demonstration farms listed below as changes are implemented and their grazing systems improve.
- Virginia Forage/Hay Producers Enter Southeast Hay Contest for the First Time
- USDA Fact Sheets from a Conservation Innovation Grant between NRCS and Virginia Tech
- 2021 Virtual Winter Forage Conference
- Pasture Walk at Adams Family Farm in Red Oak, Virginia
- Summer Annual Forage Plot Pasture Walk and Demonstration