2021 Winter Forage Conferences presentations:
2020 Winter Forage Conferences presentations:
Testimonials from the 2018 VFGC Spring Grazing School
Tim raises and finished beef on all grass so he needs a continuous supply of nutritious forage for grazing to keep those animals growing. The continual use of annuals for grazing can be expensive therefore it is typically used for certain reasons or types of operations. Annual forages are commonly used in grazing dairies, to grass finish livestock on pasture, as smother crops in a spray-smother-spray situations where you are transitioning perennial forage types, or in short window opportunities grazing cover crops in rotation. This video was produced by Marian Moody and the Hanover-Caroline Soil and Water Conservation District.
- 2022 Winter Forage Conference Sponsorship Opportunity
- 2022 Winter Forage Conference. The Green Side of Beef: In Defense of Grassland Agriculture.
- VFGC Needs Good Photos of Your Grazing System
- USDA Fact Sheets from a Conservation Innovation Grant between NRCS and Virginia Tech
- A weekly digital forage mini-newsletter by Matt Booher
January 18, 2022 @ 8:00 am - January 22, 2022 @ 3:00 pm