Forage finished beef is of growing consumer and producer interest. Opportunities to direct market a higher value product appeals to producers. Healthier meat from animals raised on pasture appeals to consumers, and the ability to improve environmental outcomes appeals to both. Getting adequate growth to reach a “finished” state and addressing market issues can sometimes challenge, however. This workshop on forage finishing features expertise from Greg Halich (UKY ag economics) and Ed Rayburn (WVU forage specialist), long-time producers and marketers of forage finished beef. In addition to these guests, a producer panel offers insights from the full-time producers’ perspective.
- Virginia Forage/Hay Producers Enter Southeast Hay Contest for the First Time
- USDA Fact Sheets from a Conservation Innovation Grant between NRCS and Virginia Tech
- 2021 Virtual Winter Forage Conference
- Pasture Walk at Adams Family Farm in Red Oak, Virginia
- Summer Annual Forage Plot Pasture Walk and Demonstration