2020 GRAZING SCHOOL
The Grazing School originally scheduled for May 12-13, 2020, in Glade Spring has to be cancelled for now due to the uncertain conditions regarding the Corona virus and the Governor’s stay at home order through June 10th. Everyone who sent in registration checks will get refunded in full. If possible we will try to reschedule this grazing school in the fall of the year.
Designed with beginning and experienced producers in mind; this 2-day, intensive course will teach you everything you need to know to better manage grazing on your farm.
• Forage ID and pasture assessment
• Pasture and grazing management
• Designing a rotational grazing system
• Fencing and watering options
• Strategies to extend the grazing season
• Matching forage quality & animal needs
• Understanding a forage budget
You will have hands-on opportunities to work with grazing tools and try out fencing materials.
Features a hands-on exercise in which you will work with an instructor
to begin developing a customized grazing plan for your farm.
Click here for Flyer May 2020 grazing school.